This website has been created because of a growing and compelling aspiration to rediscover, recognize and revive the wisdom and knowledge of our distant ancestors.
In the perilous times that we live in, it is crucial to not lose our senses of who we are and what we are capable of. I feel that we have to learn a great deal in a very short amount of time. We have to get out of our amnesia and remember what our forebears knew and embodied.
Ok, but what’s the connection with the folklore ?
Well, since folklore is itself the body of knowledge, beliefs, legends, traditions, customs, etc. that has been carried through time by a certain people, a folk, it should be considered as a primary indication in anyone’s research for primeval culture / way of life.
Now, out of so many equally interesting cultures, why the Slavs ?
In the first place, it might be due to a personal and unexplained inclination towards Russia. I was unconsciously attracted to Russia in young age and it somehow never left me. I however now understand that Russia represents but a fraction of the Slavic cultural heritage. Years later I came across Vladimir Megre’s books, The Ringing Cedars of Siberia. These books simply invigorated my curiosity, especially by bringing to my awareness the existence of the Vedic culture in Russia (Vedrus people).
So the first fundamental motivation behind this website is a driving aspiration to understand who these folks were/are (the Vedic communities of ancient Rus, aka Vedrus, as well as the Slavic societies, including the Slavic Aryans) and how they lived. In the course of my exploration it somehow came to my mind that there is a connection between the original Vedic/Arya culture, which spread in the span of whole Eurasia (if not more), and the Slavic heritage.
On these words, I invite you to react to anything you encounter here. if any one has anything pertinent to say, may it be a correction, a commentary, a question, or even some more information, you are more than welcomed to do so. If you feel that this page brings something to you, then you can definitely bring something to this page. Ideas work best when they resonate in many minds.
This page IS (meant to be):
- A window for contemplation of the beauty and mysteries of the rich Slavic /& Vedic cultures of ancient Rus and greater Eurasia.
- An avail for our imagination to go beyond the limiting borders of our so-called reality.
- A place for interested people to be exchanging, discussing, debating, sharing and cultivating their thoughts and opinions.
- An informative platform encouraging fascination, enchantment, exploration and lore.
- In English, always welcoming any languages. (My mother tongue is French)
- A totally free-willed and voluntary project.
This page is NOT:
- A white supremacist / Aryan extremist / racist / ideologically radical / fanatical expression
- A claim of any kind concerning historical facts or scientific theories
- A purely objective viewpoint.